Currently in cinemas...

I can't remember this stuff
Johnny

Currently in cinemas...

Postby Johnny » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Topics for the topic god!

This thread is supposed to be a plattform to discuss current movies with other users. Feel free to share your opinions on movies you've seen recently and are planning to watch in the near future. For readers: be aware of possible spoilers - you've been warned! I'll start :mrgreen:

The most recent movie I watched was Interstellar by Cristopher Nolan. I felt it was a good movie, but it didn't live up to the hype that it generated since its release. I loved the sci-fi parts about it, which were quite believable and created an interested image of space travel, black holes and the relativity of time. Really cool stuff! However, I felt there were some weaker moments in the relationships portrayed in the movie, which felt a bit too much Hollywood-esque in the end. Still a solid 8/10 :)

I'm already looking forward to the last Hobbit movie, too :mrgreen:

XIII
Site Admin

Re: Currently in cinemas...

Postby XIII » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Oh dear, I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Despicable Me 2. And before that... Spiderman 3?
<insert witty signature>

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:45 pm

XIII wrote:Oh dear, I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Despicable Me 2. And before that... Spiderman 3?

I've also been going less since everything seems to be in 3D and therefor requires an extra fee...

Still, I enjoy watching movies in the cinema, so I'll try to see at least a few movies every year that interest me more than others.

Saint

Postby Saint » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:44 pm

I saw Interstellar recently too; but yeah...I left not really knowing if I liked it either. There were definitely parts I liked though:

TARS. I like the direction; where it's distinctly human in personality, but distinctly robot in form and function. I kind of lost my shit a little when he just wheeled out full speed since I'd just assumed he was some slow blocky bipedal robot thing. Thought it was a nice little jab at all the human-shaped aliens and robots you see in sci-fi.

I also like how the movie was so resolute about being optimistic. I don't know that it necessarily worked; but considering Hollywood obsession with anti-heroes and the whole vibe of 'gritty reality' and apathy, it was a little refreshing to see a movie try something different. But again, not sure that it necessarily worked.

I mean, basically everything after the black hole was like...I do not know if I like this at all.

SPOILER ALERT:
I think just the tesseract itself was fucking nuts. Matthew McConahaheyehyooya stuck in a magic space library pounding on the walls and crying? Ummmm..not working for me.
Signature Freud- Sigmund's younger brother, now known as the father of identify theft

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 pm

There is quite a back catalog of films I need to get around to watching and Interstellar is the newest addition to the pile as I'm a huge fan of Nolan's work. Although I'm going to catch up on the Hobbit series when I visit my girlfriends this weekend it seems

SovereignKaos

Postby SovereignKaos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Recently i have been able to get out of the house lately and taken to go see movies. Huzzah!

Interstellar. I don't know if i like the way it ended. I feel like i need a part 2 or something.. Not sure. We had alot to gripe about, but I just let the inaccuracies go.. 'cause its scifi... but my friend wasn't able to let it go. xD Hahahah. Visually the movie is stunning. I'm just not sure what i think of the movie.. I may go see it again at the imax.

Big Hero 6. I want my own Baymax.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Helllllz yea! That was soooo fun! Can't wait till second movie! XD

Saw some other movies but i have long forgotten about them...

XIII
Site Admin

Postby XIII » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:39 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about Guardians, I did see that but not in cinema so technically it doesn't count. Awesome movie, but such a weird choice to pick for Marvel out of their entire back catalogue.

I think cinemas just rub me the wrong way. Too many people, too much noise, the quality is worse than at home plus at home I can kick my feet up and smoke a cigarette while enjoying the movie.
<insert witty signature>

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:21 am

XIII
Site Admin

Postby XIII » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:49 pm

That could have been named 120 years of popcorn eating, but it did make me want to download some old pirate movies.
<insert witty signature>

Return to “General talk”