There are 11 more here.
This month’s edition of hell freezing over; an official Winamp for Mac.
10 years ago, when I couldn’t stand iTunes and thought it was the biggest pile of crap compared to the Windows version of Winamp, I would have been so happy if this got released. Now, not so much. For one iTunes in its current version is a different beast, it works perfectly for me. And this Winamp version is very much beta, just a barebones player without any options, no eye candy and not exactly a pixel perfect interface. No equalizer either. It’s only 0.81, so there’s hope, but maybe it’s just too little too late.
For some reason Spamassassin in Mountain Lion Server isn’t set up for scheduled spam/ham training, even though the hooks are there for it.
So you can a) configure that correctly and schedule it yourself or b) go for Spamtrainer, which works a lot smoother, automagically finds your spam and ham boxes and has enough options to run it as you please.
I really love the -i option which asks you a bunch of questions on how and when you want to run the training and then sets the schedule up for you.
Not that I care about Google Reader, but someone should resurrect Gregarius so people can make their own alternatives.
Another fine example about why you should take control of your online presence and stop relying on third party services, especially third party services whose core business is selling ads.
The server is dead, long live the server. Well my trusty old Mac Mini decided to retire to the great beyond and kicked the bucket after 7 years. May it rust in peace. Unfortunately this meant my websites were down, as was my mail. The latter being slightly more important at the moment as I’m still looking for a job. Back in the previous decade I decided against getting the official OsX server software because back then it cost quite a lot (for home users anyway, dirt cheap compared to windows licensing) at $500 for 10 users and $1000 for unlimited users. Fast forward to 2013 and now it’s only $20 for unlimited users for Mountain Lion Server, so I decided to give it a try on my iMac to at least get a working mail server up. Which I did. Neat, and for less money than I’d previously paid for MailServe. Spamassassin, ClamAV, RBL, the works. Still some todo’s in that area, like setting up training for Spamassassin, but nice overall.
So I figured why stop there, let’s see what this puppy can do. Activated the web server, downloaded and installed MySQL which is not included, tweaked PHP a bit (apc is missing from the standard php setup, something I love to boost performance. I had to compile that from source to add it, I should make a follow up post for that) and here we are; back online and faster than before.
I’m sure there’s still a lot b0rked around the site, but so far so good.
Emphasis on the temporary solution as I still need a dedicated server for the lot but at least it’s all running for now.
One year later and I still have to manually edit a core WordPress file after every release because they STILL haven’t patched it themselves, meaning that even if you set comments to closed after a certain period, all the attachment pages under the post still get hit by spam comments.
Come on WP…